Saturday, August 27, 2011

Been Gone A While....


Over the past year, things have been going well. I have been sewing a lot, and cooking a lot especially around the holidays. I got 7 aprons done, and 12 blankets done for Christmas, and then made all of the Yo Gabba Gabba friends for my daughter for her birthday.

Recently I have taken up quilting. I LOVE it. Every time I get an idea, it is something more complicated than the last, and so I learn new things as I go. It is challenging, and exciting, to see the final outcome, and seen my idea come to light.

This one was for my cousin Bree and her husband Barham's wedding. It was inspired by their engagement pictures.





This quilt was for Alison & David's wedding. Their wedding colors


More recently, I have started a baby quilt for my niece Alicia, who is due in November, with her 1st baby girl. I wanted to put the baby's name on it, so I learned how to embroider :-)

Now is the time for Halloween Costumes. I have been commissioned by a couple friends to make them costumes. A couple of them will be labor intensive. I will post pictures as I get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment